Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Academic Integrity


Academic Integrity is, as said by Joe bunker, doing acts with honesty and integrity and to respect the rights of others when carrying out all course assignments. At ASU academic integrity is taken very seriously.

Since I was younger, I always knew cheating and copying was bad but I always saw the consequences as a fail on that certain assignment. At ASU, not only do you fail that assignment but also the course. Failing the course is the minimum punishment for academic dishonesty and follows students on their transcripts. A mark is made on transcripts not only saying that you failed the class but also because of academic dishonesty. Usually the penalty is much more than a failure, student who have been academic dishonest can be expelled from ASU. I have learned that even using a paper that has been writing for another class and is used for another class does not follow the code of Academic Integrity. Now that I have learned about academic Integrity I will be sure to follow it thoroughly.

1 comment:

K3NY4N PR1NC3SS said...

Yeah i also didnt know that using a piece of paper from a previous class would be considered cheating.